Why Virginia Beach?
Strategically located at the midpoint of the United State's East Coast and just three hours from Washington, D.C., Virginia Beach truly is an international gateway to America. Great companies make their own success, but Virginia Beach offers powerful resources that offer even greater advantages in the U.S. and global markets:
Lower Taxes, Higher Profits
International companies will find a relatively uncomplicated and equitable tax structure that allows them to focus on growing their business. Learn more about tax rates and the cost of doing business.
Virginia Beach Metropolitan Area: A Closer Look
The region's strategic location in the heart of the mid-Atlantic, coupled with logistical assets including international airports and the fast-growing Port of Virginia, makes it an ideal gateway to the U.S. market for international companies.
85 million of all United States consumers are within one-day drive of Virginia Beach
More than 200 million of U.S. consumers live within two-day drive of Virginia Beach
(Source: 2020 Virginia Beach Community Profile)
- Largest city in Virginia with a total metropolitan population of 1.8 million
- Within 750 miles/1,200 kilometers of more than two-thirds of the U.S. manufacturing base
- Home to nearly 200 foreign-based companies-representing more than 27 countries and 12 consulate offices
Skilled workforce of more than 810,000 people—supported by innovative, advanced employee-training programs
- International-level education systems
- Direct access to experienced attorneys, local bankers, and financial experts
- Direct access to other international companies
- Quick summary
35% of the region's European companies are located in Virginia Beach (Source: Virginia Beach Economic Development, 2020)
Cost of Doing Business
- Stable state and local governments that are receptive to your business needs
- No taxes on machinery and tool equipment for manufacturers
- Port users incentives