Request for Proposals: Town Center Development Site
Two parcels of land on Independence Blvd., in the City of Virginia Beach, Virginia (GPIN: #1477-43-7709, portion of #1477-43-5719). (see exhibit A)
The City of Virginia Beach Development Authority (VBDA) is seeking proposals from qualified Offerors to purchase or lease the property for development.
The estimated land area is 3.74 +/- acres.
The property was most recently operated as a Car Dealership and Appliance Retail store.
The rent and term of the lease is negotiable.
The purchase price is negotiable.
II. Future Use
The VBDA requests qualified
(see section III. a. for qualification criteria) persons/companies submit proposals to state their intended purpose for the use of the land. Qualified responders should include in their responses (1) the amount of rent they are willing to pay or purchase price and (2) a description of how this property would be used and designed including egress and ingress.
III. Proposal Requirements
a) Respondent Qualifications
|Workers' Compensation|| Statutory|
|Automobile Liability || $1,000,000 Combined Single Limit|
|Commercial General Liability || $1,000,000 Combined Single Limit|
b) Submittal of Proposals
Each respondent must submit with their proposal the items listed below:
Five copies of each proposal in a sealed envelope marked
"RFP # ED-19-01, 110 S. Independence Blvd." on the outside.
All proposals shall be received and date-stamped in the location described below
no later than February 18, 2019 - 3:00 p.m. local time.
All proposals received after that time will not be considered, and will be returned unopened to the respondent.
Location for submissions:
City of Virginia Beach
Attention: Mr. Taylor Adams
Virginia Beach Development Authority
Department of Economic Development
4525 Main Street, Suite 700
Virginia beach, Virginia 23462
4. Proposals submitted by telephone, facsimile, or e-mail will not be considered.
Contents of Proposal
Respondents must include in their proposal the following documents and information which will be used as evaluation criteria :
- Evidence of insurability at limits described above and a copy of your current insurance coverage;
- A description of the proposed use of the property;
- A description of your relevant experience;
- Types of improvements (if any) to be made by responder at responder's expense;
- Targeted timeline for needed improvements; if applicable;
- Proposed purchase price, if applicable;
- Letter of credit showing ability to provide necessary financing, if applicable;
- Landlord/mortgage company references for past two (2) years; and
- Anticollusion / Nondiscrimination / Drug Free Workplace Form as referenced in the
RFP document page 4