The Virginia Beach Department of Economic Development is launching the most innovative and first fully customized site selection app in the business. The interactive app is available through iTunes and can be downloaded for iPad. With an Internet connection, the app provides a virtual tour of Virginia Beach and serves as a search tool for available commercial real estate properties.
“The site selection business has changed remarkably in the last few years,” said Lindsey Myers, senior consultant with McCallum Sweeney Consulting. “Most companies are identifying their top choices for relocation virtually. Innovations such as the Yes Virginia Beach app push crucial information to our fingertips. This helps us more easily determine a community’s available properties, business costs, tax structures, quality of the workforce and other identifiers that are crucial for site selection decisions. ”
The Virginia Beach Department of Economic Development created the app to go beyond simply serving as a mobile version of its website. The app uses GIS imagery and mapping to provide users a customizable virtual tour of both the city and region in a format not currently available with other economic development apps.
Upon launch, the user can choose to activate various layers and visually explore those assets that are most critical to their personal decision-making process. These include business districts, infrastructure, transportation, higher education, workforce, quality of life, demographics, and major employers. It also features a real-time searchable commercial real estate function that identifies available properties according to the user’s specific requirements.
Specific features include:
- Search in real-time for industrial, office and retail available properties using custom -search criteria.
- Visually explore and interact with business districts, major and international employers, colleges and universities, attractions and more via selectable map layers.
- Toggle through business district tabs for in-depth information and instantly view properties within each district.
- Review and compare demographics for Virginia Beach business districts and neighborhoods, as well as the Hampton Roads region.
Learn more about Virginia Beach's business costs, workforce and target industries.
- Explore the benefits to relocate your business to Virginia Beach.