Programs and services include:
- Site Selection
- Advocacy Services
- Market Information
- Financial Guidance
- Business Assistance
- Minority Business Council
- Workforce Development Services
- Ribbon-Cutting Assistance (if appropriate)
- Business Workshops and Other Networking Opportunities
- Fast-Track Project Review
Marketing and New Business Attraction
The VBDED promotes Virginia Beach as one of the best business locations through local, national and international events, activities and sponsorships. We conduct more than 75 outreach marketing events in the United States and around the world each year.
The Virginia Beach Department of Economic Development is a single point of contact for real estate information, demographic reports, incentives, and a variety of other research. Site location assistance is provided to domestic and international companies planning new or expanded facilities.
International Business Services
Global trade is increasingly important to the Virginia Beach economy, with more than 30 international companies operating significant business facilities here - thirteen from Germany alone.
Strategically located at the midpoint of the United State's East Coast and just three hours from Washington, D.C., Virginia Beach truly is an international gateway to America. Nearly two-thirds of the U.S. marketplace and manufacturing base are within 1,200 km of Virginia Beach. For more details, click here.
For additional information on programs and services provided by this department, call us at (757) 385-6464 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last year, the VBDED recorded the creation of more than 2,200 new jobs, a 100% increase from the previous fiscal year. The City also brought in $260 million in new capital investment.
- 38% of all new jobs in FY2014-2015 were in the technology sector.
- Virginia Beach MSA ranked by Brookings Institute as 17th largest US market for jobs in "Advanced Industries"
- Virginia Beach MSA ranked by Kauffman Foundation as 19th in the US for business startup activity
- Launch of Virginia Beach BIO Initiative
- Launch of Virginia Beach Cyber Security Initiative (Creation of Cyber Protection Resource Center)
- Strong small business growth - home to 33% of all business startup activity in Hampton Roads; 24 Virginia Beach companies are among the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America