More jobs and more IT services are on the way for Virginia Beach residents with the expansion and move of Eastern Data, Inc. The company is moving its headquarters from 563 Central Drive to 2569 Hors…read more
Welcome to the Digital Port CityLearn More
Learn what makes us great!
Take a Destination Walkabout
Where Your Business Needs to Be
We help create a vibrant economy by attracting new companies, helping existing companies grow and assisting entrepreneurs with their nascent ideas.
Sources: Virginia Employment Commission (2021), Hampton Roads Alliance, City of Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach is one of America's "Manufacturing Boomtowns".
Learn all about why Virginia Beach is best for your Bio business.
Seven of the world’s top-10 defense-related firms have a major presence in Virginia Beach.
Virginia Beach has proven to be a strategic location for the information and communication technology.
Surrounding the world’s largest natural, deep-water harbor, the Virginia Beach MSA is a maritime and logistics hub.
Our region has significant potential for the development of offshore wind resources off its coast.
The Virginia Beach area is home to hundreds of corporations and national and international retailers.
Small businesses are a key component to creating a vibrant, successful, and global community.
- 38 miles of beaches and world-renowned attractions
- No Machinery & Tools Tax
- Average commute time: 24.8 minutes
- The Port of Virginia: 50-foot channels; $700 million spent in expansion, 46% increased cargo capacity (Source: The Port of Virginia)
- Landing site of the world’s fastest subsea cables with connections to South America and Europe
- Offshore wind-ready workforce
Virginia Beach is:
- Forward-thinking and focused on business growth
- Home to the three fastest subsea cables: MAREA, BRUSA, and Dunant
- Your gateway to U.S. markets
- Near bigger, faster, and better marine terminals
- Served by I-64, major interstate, connecting the East Coast to the Mississippi River corridor
- Within 750 miles (1,200 km) of two-thirds of the U.S. manufacturing base and consumer populations
- One hour from I-95 and hour and a half to I-85, major north/south interstate highway corridors serving the East Coast
- Region's universities offer various options for training
- A hub for conventions and festivals
- Maintaining its AAA Bond rating for ten consecutive years from all three bond rating agencies
The regular City of Virginia Beach Development Authority meeting will be held on September 21 at 8:30 a.m. This is the link for the live streaming of the meeting. For more information, click here.read more
The regular City of Virginia Beach Development Authority meeting will be held on August 17 at 8:30 a.m. This is the link for the live streaming of the meeting. For more information, click here.read more
The regular City of Virginia Beach Development Authority meeting will be held on July 20 at 8:30 a.m. This is the link for the live streaming of the meeting. For more information, click here.read more