As one of America’s largest cities, Virginia Beach understands the greatness obtained from embracing a diversity of people and business.
By creating a dynamic framework where new ideas blend with the existing environment, we can ensure a sustainable and successful future. Part of that framework includes having a business community that represents all of the community.
We are proud Virginia Beach is home to more than 30 percent of all women-and minority–owned companies in our area, not to mention numerous companies from around the world who can help your business connect globally.
- Promote entrepreneurial activity by educating entrepreneurs about resources available to help start or expand their businesses
- Promote opportunities for small business growth
- Promote Virginia Beach as the preferred location for minority and women-led businesses of all sizes
Targeted assistance including
- Special Programs/Workshops
- Resource identification and connections
- Consultation with the regional office of Virginia Department of Minority Business Enterprise
- Additional information available from the Virginia Beach Minority Business Council.
- Federal Assistance Programs available from the U.S. Department of Commerce Minority Business Development Agency
- Business Mentoring
- Economic Gardening
- The Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) offers free business counseling if you are considering starting a business. To make an appointment to consult with a SCORE counselor on Thursday mornings in Virginia Beach, call (757) 455-9338.
- If your business is expanding and you need assistance, contact the Hampton Roads Small Business Development Center at (757) 664-2592.
- The Virginia Beach Minority Business Council
- Additional small business resources are available from the Virginia Beach Defense Business Center Website.
- For more information on starting a business in Virginia Beach, click here.
For entrepreneurs and leaders interested in starting or growing a business in Virginia Beach, the Virginia Beach Economic Development can assist by providing management, technical, and other resources. Also, through our department and our allies, various programs are available for small and startup firms, as well as women-and minority-owned companies of any size. Together with our local, regional, and state partners, the City of Virginia Beach can help your company find the best solution for its long term growth needs.