Oceana Land Use Conformity Committee
The Oceana Land Use Conformity Committee shall make recommendations to City Council and Development Authority on matters relating to reducing the amount of pre-existing nonconforming development, pursuant to Section 1804 of the City Zoning Ordinance, in APZ-1 and Clear Zones. Such recommendations shall be consistent with the City Zoning Ordinance, the APZ-1/Clear Zone Use and Acquisition Plan, Comprehensive Plan, the Final Hampton Roads Joint Land Use Study (JLUS) and with good zoning practices that do not adversely affect established residential neighborhoods.
Specifically, the Committee shall make recommendations to City Council, Planning Commission and Development Authority re:
- Agreements and transactions that further the purposes for which the Committee was created;
- Zoning and other land use ordinances, including the advisability of adopting new or amended ordinances;
- Discretionary zoning applications, such as rezoning and conditional use permits;
- Ordinances imposing fees or taxes, including the advisability of adopting new or amended ordinances; and
- Staffing and resources necessary, or appropriate, to assist the Committee in the exercise of its duties.
The Committee shall report to City Council and Development Authority on its activities at least annually. Such report shall include a summary of the activities of the Committee, i.e. properties acquired, properties disposed of, a description of the incentives employed in each transaction with the dollar value thereof and the Committee’s progress in accomplishing the rollback of nonconforming uses to conforming uses.