Virginia Beach is home to one of the largest concentrations of scientists and engineers in the nation, thanks in large part to the area’s research and development laboratories and numerous active duty and former military personnel.
In addition to the workforce and R&D assets, the City’s wide variety of office space makes it an ideal location for a professional service company.
The City and region are also home to a large creative class, boosted by award-winning advertising agencies and a strong entrepreneurial spirit. More than 13,200 people are employed in the professional, scientific and technical services industry.
Below are some of the major professional service companies in Virginia Beach.
Recent Accomplishments (2015-2018)
- GEICO announced more than 400 new jobs for their Virginia Beach facility. (FY 15-16)
- Atlantic Bay Mortgage added 100 new jobs and leased 7,000 additional square feet of space.
- Studio Center added 20 new jobs and invested $3 million.
- HDR Engineering brought 31 jobs to their new Town Center offices.
- Q.E.D. Systems moved into 33,000 square feet of office space.
- LoanCare LLC. expanded their regional service center and created 100 new jobs
- Mythics, Oracle systems integrator and consulting firm, expanded and relocated their corporate headquarters to a new 39,000 sf space in Town Center and created 30 new jobs.
- GEICO announced more than 500 new jobs for their Virginia Beach facility. (FY 17-18)
- GET Solutions announced plans to relocate and expand to 29,000 sf, invest $3.65 million, and create 10 new jobs
Major Professional, Scientific and Technical Service Companies in Virginia Beach
|Securitas Security Services USA Inc.||457|
|Professional Engineering Software, Inc. (Prosoft)||200|
|E.L. Hamm & Associates Inc.||200|
Key Positions - Average Annual Salaries
|Position||Virginia Beach||United States|
|Computer Systems Analysts||$84,940||$92,740|
|Network and Computer Systems Administrators||$82,560||$86,340|
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, MSA, USA May 2017 Data
Founded in 1984, ProSoft provides integrated technological solutions to a wide variety of customers, including many branches of the military and federal government agencies. The company has won numerous multi-million dollar contracts for projects including network support, hosting services, and communication systems. For more information, visit